Abstracts and Technical Papers
Theme: Sustainable and Safe Dams Around the World
Schedule for Technical Papers:
- March 31, 2019: Deadline for presenters to register for ICOLD 2019. If authors chosen for presentation are not registered by this date, they will be removed from the program and will not present their submissions at the conference.
- May 1, 2019 : Transmission in PDF format of the Poster to be shown at the poster session (for authors chosen for Poster presentation). Authors are responsible for printing their poster for the conference in A0 format.
- May 15, 2019: Transmission in PPT format of presentation for the conference (for authors chosen for Oral presentation). The time allowed for oral presentation is 15 minutes.
- October 19, 2018: deadline for abstract submission and confirmation of your commitment to produce a technical paper as well as a presentation. A French version of your abstract is not essential at this stage; however, it will be necessary for the completed paper. Please note that the Technical Committee can assist you with this requirement.
- November 23, 2018: notification sent to authors of accepted abstracts.
- January 15, 2019: completed paper submission in DOC and PDF format.
ICOLD 2019 has accepted abstracts and technical papers on the following topics:
Recent advancements and techniques for investigations, design, construction, operation and maintenance of water or tailings dams and spillways.
Planning, design, construction, operation, decommissioning and closure management strategies for water resources or tailings dams (e.g. climate change, sedimentation, environmental protection, risk management).
Design, mitigation and management of hazards to water or tailings dams, appurtenant structures, spillways and reservoirs (e.g. floods, seismic, landslides).
Management for water or tailings dams (e.g. permafrost and ice loading, arid/wet climates, geo-hazards).